I received the following by e-mail. I thought I would share…
A quiz to see who is important to you and why…
You don’t have to actually answer the questions. Just ponder on them. Just read this post straight through, and you’ll get the point.
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
- Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
- Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress…
- Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How’d you do??
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers… They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz – See how you do on this…
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special!
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials.. the most money… or the most awards. They simply are the ones who care the most!
If you care to, share this with those people who have made a difference in your life, like I just did.
The following quote is from Charles Schulz…
“Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today.
It’s already tomorrow in Australia !”
Though this has little to do with real estate, it has everything to do with life! And while I spend a lot of time in the real estate world, my true vocation is fatherhood. If I do my job as a father, my children will understand this message.
May God bless and protect all those you care for, and all those who have cared for you.